Registration Abroad by NRIs in the Electorol Rolls Registration Abroad by NRIs in the Electorol Rolls

With the amendment to the Representation of the People (Amendment) Act, 2010, w.e.f. 10th February, 2011, every overseas Indian citizen who is absenting from his place of ordinary residence in India owing to employment, education or otherwise, and has not acquired citizenship of any other country and who is not included in the electoral roll, is entitled to have his name registered in the electoral roll of the constituency in his place of residence in India as mentioned in his passport. After enrolment, an overseas elector will be able to cast his vote in an election in the Constituency, in person, at the polling station provided for the part where he is registered as on overseas elector.

A guide for Overseas Indian Electors on "How do I Vote" has been provided by Election Commission of India.

For more information, Please visit and